Because sometimes you gotta kick a little ass.
All thoughts, opinions, general foolishness and craziness expressed on this blog are solely mine unless otherwise noted.
You will notice that the ability to comment is available. It should go without saying that I am not responsible for the opinions of others. I welcome comments, even those that don’t agree with my opinions. I like thoughtful debate and constructive criticism about my writing. Please feel free to leave your two cents.
Occasionally duplicate comments/trackbacks are posted, people forget to close tags or long urls break the site’s layout. When this happens I may go in and clean things up a bit. I will not delete a comment simply because it does not agree with my opinion.
However, if you can’t make your point without using derogatory statements about the other commenters and/or me, then please know that your comment will be deleted or edited. If I’m in a generous mood and there is an actual point in the midst of all the ugliness, and you’ve left actual contact information, I may let you know. If you can’t be bothered to show consideration for others, then none will be shown to you.
Comments that are wildly off-topic will be deleted. (Though this is the one rule I’m not so strict about.) Also, all comments that include irrelevant links to commercial sites will be deleted. I don’t make any money off this site, why should others?
If you have any questions or comments about the disclaimer, feel free to let me know, but just remember this: This is my personal site and I reserve the right to do with it as I wish. Argue with me if you like, but around here I get to make the rules.
On the blog I reserve the right to:
- Curse. An occasional fuck, shit or damn doesn’t imply I’m a stupid or crude person. I can have a perfectly good, intelligent conversation without the use of curse words. However, sometimes it just feels so fucking good to throw one or two (or four or five if it makes sense to me) in there, just for the hell of it.
- Edit/Delete an entry. I don’t draft entries. Often when I sit down to write, I have only a vague thought to go with, no beginning, middle or end. I do preview, but things slip by me. If I catch it, I correct it. Occasionally, once I see an entry on the blog, I no longer feel like sharing, so I take it down. Deal.
- Talk explicitly about sex. If you’re embarrassed by such talk then I’m probably not the place to visit.
- Delete comments that violate my comments guidelines. See above.
- Push the goofy envelope. If you want cool there are a ton of bloggers out there who have it down to a science. I’m not one of them. I might be downright silly and idealistic and annoyingly positive sometimes.
- Lie shamelessly. But only in pieces that are filed under the writing category and its sub-categories. Otherwise, any lie that slips through is most certainly due to a faulty memory and not any intent to mislead anyone.
- Be in a bad mood and let you know about it. Nobody complains when I go on about how I’m feeling all lovey-dovey and I’m in love with the world, so why should I feel guilty about putting up a post about how the world sucks eggs and nothing seems to be going right? If a week passes and I’m still all Eeyore-like, then you are perfectly within your rights to a.) stop coming by or b.) tell me to snap out of it already!
- Modify/redesign the site as I see fit. Look, I know we all hate change. I probably hate change more than you do, but I have my reasons for tweaking the blog now and then. I don’t ask you why you never change a thing about your blog, so let’s not harass me about why I can’t keep my hands off of mine. You can, however, tease me about my obsessiveness. If you don’t know the difference between those two things than you’d probably be better off not saying anything.
- Change my mind about any of the above. Again, no further explanation needed.
What you will not find on this site:
- Slams on other bloggers. If you ever feel that I’ve taken a dig at you, send me an email and we’ll talk about it. Trust me. This works beautifully; things get worked out and no one clutters up their blogs with ugliness.
- Kitty pictures. Not a thing wrong with kitty pictures, it’s just that I don’t have a kitty and not likely to have one ever because, well, my husband is allergic and I’m pretty sure cats are plotting the demise of the human species. But honestly, that doesn’t mean that I don’t think YOUR kitty pictures are really cute. I do. Really. HONEST.
Okay. Well, that last one turned out to be a pretty short list. I’m sure there are other things that could go there, but I’m drawing a blank right now. See above about not drafting entries.
[adapted from here]